Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Proud Mama

I'm sure my mom is sitting in Heaven beaming down in pride for my son, her youngest grandchild. She was a very influential part of his formative years. (He still talks about things she taught him many years ago.)

This past Sunday night, Sam informed the church that he had surrendered to preach. I've been proud of him on many occasions but never more than at that moment! He has always had a tender heart and has soaked in the Bible.

Last night, I took Sam to the Bristol Area-Wide Tent Revival. There were very few young people there. In fact, I was one of the youngest people in attendance. That did not dampen his spirits, though. He sang the hymns with gusto and listened to both the choir and John Bishop with rapt attention. He is hoping to get to go back tonight to hear Clarence Sexton, but since I have to work, I don't know if he'll get to go.

Throughout his nearly 16 years, I have been very proud to call Sam my son, and I marvel more and more that this incredible young man is MY son!

No comments: