Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

More Baseball

I sure do hope you all like reading about baseball, because that is probably all I will be writing about for the next three months or so.

Friday night, Sam's 2nd game was nearly canceled due to weather. Instead, it was cut short after the 5th inning, due to time constraints. The score was tied at 10-10. Sam showed vast improvement, both at 3rd base and at bat. He got two hits and an RBI. In the bottom of the 4th inning, he stopped a line drive with his shins (the ball bounced off his right leg, onto his left leg, and then back on his right leg). He has three very large bruises now. He's so proud of himself, though, especially since one of the coaches told him that all good 3rd basemen will take a few bruises for the team.

This week, Sam's school is having TCAP's (achievement tests), so some of the players have already indicated that they will not be at tonight's game. I assured the coach that Sam will be there. (He always scores above his grade level on those tests and doesn't do anything special in preparation, so I can't see why he shouldn't play.) I'll try to get a nice close-up picture of him in his uniform tonight and post it on here tomorrow.

Saturday, I took Sam to Baseball University to practice in a batting cage. He did well, but I'm starting to think that he can't see the ball clearly enough. He got glasses about a year ago, but they are torn up and unwearable now. As soon as I have the money, I'm going to get him contacts. We'll see how that improves his game.

No comments: