Search This Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Morning Bagel

Cheddar bacon bagel, toasted, with plain cream cheese. That was my order this morning at the Manna Bagel Company on State Street in Bristol, TN. I go there almost every Friday morning and typically order either the above or a banana nut bagel, toasted, with plain cream cheese.

The bagel shop is owned by a Messianic Jewish rabbi named Joe Bell. He's a really nice man with a group of great people working for him. And, his shop produces really, really good bagels!

I've been going there and meeting my long-time friend JC Hobbs for nearly three years now. JC and I are "bagel buddies." JC was one of my teachers in high school, and he was Sam's scout master when Sam was in Boy Scouts. He looks like Grizzly Adams, or maybe Saddam Hussein. (hehehe) I managed to sneak a picture of him this morning as he was laughing at something someone said.

Photobucket

No comments: