Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

Boys!!!

I was out with a friend tonight, and I got a call from Sam, "Mom, I might need to go to the Emergency Room." Yeah, that's just what I want to hear. Thankfully, it turned out to not be very serious. It's getting to where I'm afraid to leave him at home alone any more.

A few days ago, when I walked in the door, the first thing he said was, "Today I discovered that firecrackers and glass bottles aren't a good combination." That day, he got cut on his arm as he was blocking his face from flying glass after setting off firecrackers in it ... IN THE HOUSE, I might add!!! So, I told him that day NO MORE firecrackers while I'm gone to work!

So, guess what I smelled as I walked in the door a couple days later. Yep! Smoke from firecrackers, which had been lit IN THE HOUSE again. I took away his Xbox for that, but then I got to thinking that without his Xbox, he wouldn't have anything to play with other than matches and firecrackers. What's a mom to do???

Tomorrow, he leaves for a missions trip with the church youth group, and he'll be gone for a week. Of course, I'm going to be nervous about what crazy thing he'll do while he's away from me, but I'm also going to miss him badly! I've had a lot of fun with him so far this summer.

No comments: