Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years

Yes, I realize that New Years Day was four days ago, but today is my New Years Day, as it is my BIRTHDAY!!! Being as close as it is to New Years, I wait until my birthday to make any new years resolutions I feel might be necessary. This year, I resolve to be much more mindful of God's blessings in my life.

Over the past few months, I admit that I somewhat lost sight of God's blessings. Sam was sick for so long, and it seemed like nothing was going right. As I look back, though, I realize that there were actually more good things going on than bad things, but I had started focusing on the bad to the point of not noticing the good.

This week, I have made a point to see all the good thing God has done for me and Sam lately. He has worked through friends, co-workers, and family to bless us beyond belief! This year, I resolve to praise Him more for what He does in my life and be more vocal in letting others know what a great God I serve.

As an added bonus, today I have received over 120 birthday wishes through phone calls, emails, text messages, and facebook posts. God has blessed me with the best family and friends, and I am so very grateful!!

No comments: