Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2007

Blessed Christmas

I hope your Christmas was as blessed as mine! Scott, Sam, and I all agreed that this was definitely our best Christmas yet; and it wasn't about the gifts. We had a very special time with family. Louise told me last week that we'd be having Christmas at our house on Christmas Eve, since Melissa (Scott's half-sister) had to head back for North Carolina on Christmas Day. That was totally fine with me, and I appreciated not having to go anywhere. I told her to invite her brother's widow (Dorothy), and was very pleased that Dorothy accepted the invitation. (This was her first Christmas since her husband died, and she would have been all alone if she hadn't come over.)

That morning, Melissa went to the nursing home to visit her dad and called to ask if she could bring him also. Of course, I responded that he was absolutely welcome to come. Later that evening, Melissa told me that it was the first time she had ever gotten to spend Christmas with both of her parents at the same time. Scott and I were so happy to have been a part of that blessed event!

On Christmas morning, I got up and cooked us a big breakfast of biscuits, gravy, eggs, and leftover spiral-sliced, honey-baked ham. It was wonderful!!! At the breakfast table, Sam reminded us that it was Jesus' birthday; and we sang "Happy Birthday" to Him. It was so sweet!

I hope your Christmas was likewise full of love and goodwill.

No comments: