Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2008

Race Weekend

It's race time in Bristol again. Yesterday was the spring Nascar race, and Jeff Burton (my favorite) won. Yippee!!! Now, I'm not really much into Nascar, and I don't like the inconvenience caused by thousands of people coming into town. However, I had a great weekend!

The Bristol Tennessee City Schools are closed on Friday of Race Week. So, Scott and I took off work to spend some family time together with Sam. We went to the park and hiked, even though it was raining a little. It was good exercise and great fun.

After hiking, we stopped off in the Nature Center and were pleasantly surprised at all the animals on display and information available. We watched a snapping turtle snap at goldfish, and we held a corn snake. I went in there determined NOT to hold the snake. I willingly petted it while Sam and Scott held it, but I wanted no part of holding it myself. The older gentleman working in the Nature Center somehow persuaded me to let him put the snake around my neck, and Sam captured the moment in the following picture. (It's blurry because it was hard to stand still with a snake around my neck.)

Photobucket

Here's Sam holding the snake:

Photobucket

No comments: