Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baseball

For the past several years, Sam has wanted to play baseball, but for whatever reason, it never worked out until now. Saturday, we got him registered for Little League and purchased most of the things he needs. He was so excited, I wouldn't be surprise if he slept with his new glove Saturday night.

Sunday afternoon, I took Sam to the park, and we practiced baseball a little. I tried pitching to him, but I wasn't so good at it. He tried not to hurt my feelings while admitting that it would have been better if Scott had gone along with us. At one point, he said, "I'm not going to get good like this, am I?" Poor thing! He quickly assured me that he knew I was doing my best to help him, and he was grateful.

After playing baseball for a while, we walked on one of the trails at the park. It was great exercise and lots of fun. An added bonus was the nature we were able to experience. We saw lots of birds which I called ducks but Sam insisted were geese. Anyway, whatever they were, there were hundreds of them. Here's a picture, you can decide for yourself what they are. Feel free to leave a comment, letting me know what you think they are.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gonna have to go with Sam.They look like geese to me :) FP

Anonymous said...

They are Canadian geese I do believe.:) FP