Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2008

Pearl

When I hear about the problems burdening people I care about, it makes me realize that my problems aren’t as bad as I had thought they were. It’s good for me to keep that in mind, since I’ve been getting a little depressed lately, especially this week.

Pearl has been sick all week, vomiting and messing in her crate, which is not like her at all. I’ve been distraught about her all week, and have been very busy every day: cleaning her crate, giving her baths, cleaning the tub, etc. I’ve been hoping she’ll get better so I don’t have to take her to the vet. Well, this morning, when I went outside to let her back in, she took off. It was raining hard, and I had a towel with me to dry her with. I think she was afraid she was getting another bath, which she hates, and bolted out of fear. I drove around the neighborhood and walked around the houses close to ours, but I couldn’t find her. I finally had to go on to work. I’m praying that she comes back home before she gets herself run over and that she gets over whatever has been ailing her this week.

I know that’s not nearly as bad as what some people are going through, but it has made me sick to my stomach, worrying about her.


Photobucket

No comments: