Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2008

SIXTH GRADE GRADUATION

Sam's sixth grade graduation was today at 10am. I took several pictures to share on here. Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera were dead, so I had to take the pictures with my cell phone. Consequently, the pictures are rather blurry.

The ceremony began with the pledge to the flag, led by Sam and his friend Nic, each boy scouts.

Photobucket


Here's Sam sitting with his classmates:

Photobucket


All the sixth graders sang the song "Unwritten" as a choral group, and the sixth grade band members performed "Ode to Joy." I couldn't get a picture of the band because of where I was sitting, but here is a picture of the two sixth grade classes singing their song:

Photobucket


After the musical performances, was the presentation of awards. Here is Sam accepting his President's Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement from the principal Dr. Amy Scott and his teacher Mr. Joe Dixon:

Photobucket


And, here is Sam being presented with his Certificate of Completion. I love that smug smile of satisfaction. It's so Sam!!

Photobucket


Here is Sam with Mr. Dixon after all the festivities of the day:

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jim Duggan said...

Yes, kids are so fun. Our 5 yr old just finished her last day of Pre-K today. She is registered for Kindergarten in the fall, in fact we are going to the Open House tonight.

Thanks for linking Jim's Gems. That is so cool! I still remember your dad was my favorite teacher in the times I had him.

Anonymous said...

Great job,Sam!!!! I know that you are proud of him,Suzanne.

FP

Ebenezer said...

I know you are proud of him Suzanne. He sounds like a chip off his mothers block. LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats oh wise Saminator, Prince of the soon 7th graders! -M