Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2009

My LAST birthday!

This past Monday, I turned 39, and I refuse to turn the big 4-0! From now on, instead of birthdays, I will have anniversaries of this last one. It turned out to be a really good birthday. I received many nice birthday greetings from friends and family, and I got to go out to eat with my two men (Scott and Sam, of course). We went to El Patio and had some deeeelicious Mexican food! As is their custom, they brought out the gigantic sombrero for me to wear in a picture. It was worth it because it came with complimentary flan.

Here is the picture taken by the manager of El Patio:

Photobucket

While we were waiting for him to bring us the picture, Sam played around with the sombrero.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Somehow, Sam even conned Scott into putting it on and snapped a picture before Scott knew what was happening.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

My daughter celebrated anniversaries of her 29th birthday up until her son turned 20. Then, when someone asked her about him and his age, with a truthfully straight face she said her son was from her husband's first marriage. True. They've only been married to each other.

Good luck next year on your first anniversary!

Suzanne Mumpower said...

I like that! What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing, Grammy.

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday, Sue. I hope that it was a good one for you, as you deserve nothing short of the absolute best. I sincerely miss hearing from you and pray that you're doing well.

Signed,
You-Know-Who

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm