Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Visiting Family

Yesterday, Sam and I got to visit with family, and we had a great time. We started out by driving to Pike County, KY, for a family reunion on my mom's side. There were lots of people there, and I knew less than half of them. The people were descendants of my great-grandfather "Squire" Jack Tackett. Here is his picture in the center of this cake my Aunt Aline made:

Photobucket

When we left the reunion, we went to Mom's grave for a few minutes. I know she's not really there, yet I feel closer to her when I go there. I feel like I can talk to her, and she will actually hear me. It's a great comfort.

Photobucket

After that, we drove down to Middlesboro, KY, to visit with one of my cousins on my dad's side of the family. Jerry, who lives in Tulsa, OK, was there for work. It had been over 7 since I'd seen him. My buddy Cindy met us there, and we had a GREAT time, eating, talking, and laughing ... lots and lots of laughing!

Photobucket

Sam got to go swimming in the pool at the hotel. Cindy and I sat there watching Sam and Jerry diving in. Cindy got some great pics, and I'm hoping to get to post some of those on here at some point.

We didn't get back home until after midnight. We were worn out but happy.

No comments: