Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Garick Zikan comes to my Walmart again

My faithful followers may recall my post on March 14, 2010 about Garick Zikan's shopping trip to my Walmart. On that visit, he earned an A+ as a model shopper.

He was back again last night and came through Register #13 where I was working. I am sad to say that his grade as a shopper dropped to an A-. Mr. Zikan was guilty of one of my pet peeves. Once again, he had used a hand-held basket, and when he got to the register, he placed the basket on the belt and left it there for me to empty.

Now, I don't mind emptying baskets. In fact, I've been known to come around and help customers empty their carts. The problem is that I am so short, and the belt is so high, that I have to strain to reach over the sides of the basket to get the items out. My fellow cashiers who are also vertically challenged agree with me that this is indeed a pet peeve.

That being said, Mr. Zikan was friendly and engaging and an all-around pleasant shopper. That is why his grade did not drop to a B.

No comments: