Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's 67th birthday. In honor of this occasion, I am posting old (and I mean OLD) pictures of him for my readers to appreciate and for a few of my readers to remember those days.

Photobucket

I think he was about 2 years old in this picture. I scanned this one a long time ago and don't have the actual photo in front of me right now.

Photobucket

According to the writing on the back of this photo, Dad was 3 years and 5 days old when it was taken.

Photobucket

The back of this photo says he was 7 years and 3 months old, probably in 2nd grade or thereabouts.

Photobucket

This was Dad's school picture for his junior year of high school.

Photobucket

The back of this one simply says "Bowlegs 1960". So, it was either his junior or senior year of high school. Since there are no leaves on the tree behind him, I'm assuming the photo was taken in the fall of his senior year.

Photobucket

I believe this photo was taken during my dad's senior year and his brother Marion's 6th grade year.

Photobucket

Although I wasn't around yet (or even thought of yet), this photo is from a very important day for me. It was my parents' wedding day. In this photo, Dad is signing his life away...I mean signing the marriage license.

Photobucket

In this last photo, I was a few months old, and Art was almost 3 years old. This photo is very typical of my dad in my childhood years. He was always outside spending time with me and Art.

2 comments:

Diane Roberts McGalliard said...

Suzanne, I loved the pictures of your dad. Tell him Happy Birthday. He was one of my favorite teachers at MCA. So patient and kind.
Love,
Diane Roberts McGalliard

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Suzanne!! Happy birthday to your dad. Al