Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Back to the E.R.

I had to go to the E.R. again today; and if I start doing any worse this weekend, I'll have to go back to be admitted to the hospital again. The last time I was in the hospital, they adjusted my medications, and one of them ended up being at a toxic level. So, I've been poisoning myself everyday while taking my daily prescriptions.

On top of that, I have a very BAD urinary tract infection. I went to the E.R. because I suspected the digoxin poisoning, but I was completely shocked by the U.T.I. Before any of the test results came back, the doctor was convinced it was mono. He appeared surprised by the findings.

This time, I didn't come out black and blue. The nurse who started the I.V. did it in just one try and didn't even bruise me. If I ever have to go back there again, I hope I get that same nurse again. The last time I was there, I was bruised up and down both arms before I got moved from the E.R. to a regular room.

No comments: