Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sam Is Sick

Those of you who are my friends on facebook have undoubtedly seen my recent posts about Sam. He has been quite sick. He complained about his sinuses for over a week before I had a chance to get him to the doctor last Thursday. He was diagnosed with acute sinusitis and started on an antibiotic. The next day, he returned to school but probably shouldn't have.

Over the weekend, he started running a fever. Despite Ibuprofen, it rose to almost 102°. Sunday night, I determined that if he still had a fever the next morning, I would take him to the doctor. Well, his temp was back down to normal, so I didn't take him to the doctor, but I did keep him home from school since he was obviously still feeling sick.

Last night, his temp went back up to almost 102°, and this time, it didn't come all the way back down to normal. It came down a little, but not enough. I called the doctor's office soon after they opened and was able to get him in to see the doctor this afternoon. He was put on a different antibiotic and told not to go back to school until his fever has been gone for at least 24 hours. Tonight, it was back up over 101° -- not as high as the last couple nights, but still high enough to worry me.

He will definitely not be going to school tomorrow, and at this point, I'm not so sure about Thursday. If he's not doing better by Friday, he's supposed to go back to the doctor to be examined again (and probably put on yet another antibiotic).

I sure do hope this round of antibiotics works...and soon! He's so miserable, and it hurts me to see him like that. Please pray for him that he will be feeling better and be back to normal soon!

No comments: