Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh well....

I was planning to get on here today and post some cool pictures from the Truck Race Wednesday night, but I was styimied. I wasn't able to go to work today, so I'm back at the library. When I use a computer here, I'm not able to upload my pictures. Also, I'm limited to only an hour on the computer. To quote today's title, "Oh well..." Hopefully, I'll get those on here Monday.

Yesterday turned out to be more interesting than I had bargained for. Louise came through her surgery just fine; but around 3:30 in the afternoon, her incision started bleeding; and she began to panic. When she called me, I was trying to get home quickly because something had come loose in my exhaust system, making my car sound like it belong at the speedway. I promptly turned around and headed to her house, despite the car troubles. In the next minute or so, it began to rain a little, then harder; and then it began hailing. That's when I was about to start to panic. It was storming so badly I could hardly see to drive, but I had to get to Louise's house before she worried herself sick.

It miraculously stopped raining just when I got to her house. That was a blessing, as I had been worried about getting her out to her truck in the rain. After changing her dressing the best I could, I rushed her to her doctor's office, getting there just 5 minutes before he closed. He re-dressed the incision and sent her home with strict orders to take it easy. We stayed at her house for a couple hours, until she was satisfied that she wasn't going to start bleeding again. I hated to have to leave her by herself last night, but she made it through just fine.

I didn't go to work today because of my car. Although it still ran just fine, Scott was afraid I'd get a ticket because of the noise. He had to go to Knoxville for work this morning, but he managed to get back home before 2:00, and we took our car to the muffler shop and got it repaired. Thankfully, it wasn't anything major.

Check back Monday for pictures of Wednesday's Truck Race. (I'm afraid to promise that they'll be here, though. haha)

No comments: