Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Florida Vacation, Segment 3

This is my third and final installment about my Florida vacation. It sure has been drawn out, and for that I am sorry. This segment is all about food ...... yum yum!

Scott went on this trip determined to have gator tail so he could brag about it to his friends when we got back home. We asked around and were told that we could find some here:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, we went there and tried it. Sam and I liked it okay, but Scott didn't care for it. I thought it tasted more or less like chicken .... really! It was cut in bite-size pieces, deep-fried, and served with ranch. I would eat it again.

Since we were on a pretty tight budget, we cooked over a campfire as much as possible. (After all, isn't that what you're supposed to do when camping out in a tent?) In my humble opinion, those were our best meals, too. You can't really beat food cooked over an open fire.

My favorite food I had while in Florida was the oranges. I bought a BIG bag of them, and I have been eating 2 or 3 (sometimes more) a day since we got home. (They're almost all gone now ... boohoo!) I almost didn't buy any because they didn't look good. The peel was green. BUT, the people selling them had samples, and once I tried one, I was hooked. WOW! They are quite possibly the sweetest oranges I've ever eaten, even if they do look strange.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: