Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Did you miss me?

I was gone to Florida last week on vacation and was excited about being able to get back on here yesterday to tell you all about it and share some pictures. However, I had a bombshell dropped in my lap yesterday and just didn't feel like getting on here after that. I still don't feel like it today, so I'll just wait until tomorrow for the vacation stories and pictures.

What was the bombshell, you ask? Well, remember how I was soooooooooo excited about getting to go full-time at my job? Yesterday, my boss informed me that she has changed her mind and really doesn't need me full-time, so after this week, I'll have to go back to half-days. (She still needs me full-time this week since the receptionist had surgery last week.)

What was her reason? Oh, she said business is too slow right now, but it's actually no slower than it was 5 weeks ago when she gave the go-ahead for me to go full-time. I think it's really because she doesn't want to have to buy a new computer.

So, now that I've paid for after-school care for Sam for the whole semester and arranged for some payments to be taken directly out of my checking account through December, I'm back to working just half-days and about to GO CRAZY!!!!!

I know it sounds like I'm totally down in the dumps right now, but really, I'm doing much better than I was this time yesterday. I know that something even better will come along, and I am keeping my eyes wide open looking for it!!!

Have a great day and tune in tomorrow for tales and pictures of my Florida vacation!

1 comment:

Randi said...

I did miss you! I hope at least the trip was fun!
You are so right about something better coming along. God has a plan. And the hardest thing is to trust, and work like crazy to make it happen. But it always works out, doesn't it?
Looking forward to pics!