Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I love Thanksgiving! I'm not a big fan of turkey or dressing, but I love the time of fellowship with my family.

We're having a traditional Thanksgiving meal at our house tomorrow, with Scott's mom and sister coming. Instead of roasting the turkey ourselves, though, Scott's sister has ordered one from Honey Ham. I'm glad!! I don't like the oven being dominated most of the day by the turkey, and I don't like the way it often causes the turkey to be too dry. This year, no mess and no fuss! Yea!!!

Along with turkey, we're having dressing (which I don't care for but will make for the others anyway), mashed potatoes (which I love) with turkey gravy, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, corn, rolls, German chocolate cake (my MIL makes the BEST!!!), and pumpkin pie.

We've been busy for over a week getting the house in shape. Louise hasn't been in our house since we moved in and she moved out nearly 3 years ago, and we want it to look extra nice for her visit. Scott is paranoid that it won't meet with her approval. I prefer to be positive about it, and I'm just glad she has decided to come over to our house instead of all of us being crowded in her little apartment.

My wish is for all of my family and friends to have a wonderful Thanksgiving and to remember to thank God for all of His blessings in our lives.

No comments: