Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Love Making Money!

In my blog post dated March 9 ("The Saving Game"), I talked about my most recent shopping trip at Kroger. I talked all about how I had saved with coupons and in-store specials, but I failed to mention one thing. After checking out, I looked at my receipt and realized that there was a promotional with Martinsville Speedway, and my purchases had qualified me for two free tickets to the NASCAR race there next weekend. Now, I'm not a NASCAR fan, and I probably wouldn't attend the race, even if it were the one here in Bristol. However, I saw a money-making opportunity there.

I called the number on my receipt and received my two free tickets which I then listed on ebay. This morning, when I woke up, the current bid was just over $26. When the auction ended, three minutes later, the ending sale price was $50.02. Woohoo!! Gotta love getting $50 for free!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I am glad for you.