Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Move That Body!

One of the hardest things for me is getting in my cardio workout. I'm too busy, I'm too tired, or I'm just too lazy. Today, I decided to start fitting it in whenever/wherever I can.

I work as a cashier at Walmart, and I had to be there at 7:00 this morning. When I first got there, they put me on the self-checkout monitor. Now, at 7am, there are hardly any customers in the store and even fewer using self-checkout. I realized that provided the perfect opportunity to walk. I walked as fast as I could in the confined area, lifting my knees high with each step, and I managed to fit in 20 minutes of exercise.

Before walking today, I was feeling tired, barely awake; but after walking, I felt a burst of energy to get me through the morning. After having done my strength training yesterday for the first time in a long time, my legs were sore and stiff. The walking helped them loosen up and not feel so achy.

From now on, I'm not going to accept any excuses from myself for not exercising. I will find a way to fit it into my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl.