Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sunday Dinner ... OOPS!!!

Saturday night, while I was getting the ingredients ready to make Frijoles a la Charra for Sunday dinner, I was talking on the phone with my friend Cindy; and I invited her to come over for dinner so she could try my Mexican beans. The next morning, I got up early and finished getting it all together and in the crock pot. I set the dial on high so that they would be ready and wonderful in about four hours, right when I got home from church.

While I was sitting in the choir, I suddenly remembered that I hadn't checked to make sure the crock pot was plugged in. Obviously, there was nothing I could do at that point, so I just put it out of my mind and enjoyed the service. When I got home, though, the first thing I did was run to the crock pot ... the COLD crock pot. It was not plugged in, and Cindy was going to be here in just a few minutes. Eeek!!!

When Cindy showed up, I told her what I'd done. We had a good laugh about it, and she asked if I'd rather go out to eat, her treat. Why, of course I would!!! So, we went to El Patio and had a wonderful Mexican meal.

In the meantime, I plugged in the crock pot, set it on low, and let it cook all day. After the evening service, Sam and I had an awesome dinner!! Oh, and I took a big bowl of the beans to Cindy the next day.

2 comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

I almost shared a long, long day with a crockpot story, but I'll save that for a full blog. Just know that you are not alone!!

Hutch said...

LOL sounds something like I would do