Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Youth Rally

This past Saturday night, my church had a youth rally with Greg Lentz. Unfortunately, I couldn't go because I had to work, but Sam got to go. I had to work 11am - 7pm, and Sam went to work with me and waited around there until Bro. Charles picked him up around 4pm or so. He wandered around the store some, spent some money he had earned last week, and sat out in the car listening to music and reading a book.

When I went out to the car to go home, the car wouldn't start. I noticed right away that although the air was turned off, the fan setting was set on high. I knew then what had happened. Sam had been sitting out there listening to the car's radio and running the air conditioner on high. He had run down my battery, and I wanted to ring his neck as soon as I got him back home from church.

Well, when I picked him up, I didn't have the heart any more. All the way home, he excitedly told me all about the youth rally and went on to tell me that he had rededicated his life to Christ. I was so pleased that I couldn't make a big deal about the car battery.

The next morning, at the end of the worship service, Sam went forward and told the whole church about his decision the night before. I couldn't have been prouder!

1 comment:

Kari Showers said...

That is so exciting to hear about Sam. Praise the Lord!!!