Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Vehicle-Less

Last week was interesting. I was without a vehicle. Let me back up and give you the history first.

When we bought my car almost three and a half years ago, Scott told me that the clutch was going out and would need to be replaced soon. I believe it is a testimony to my good driving that it lasted until last weekend. I thank the Lord that when it went out completely it was sitting in Scott's driveway.

So, Scott managed to get it to a friend's shop where it remained for just about a week. That left me vehicle-less on a week when I was scheduled to work every day Monday - Friday. I didn't know how I was going to get to work and back every day!

That Sunday night at church, I asked my pastor if he knew of anyone with an extra car that I could borrow for the week. He didn't, but he pointed out a man for me to talk to. Well, that man rounded up several of the old men in the church, and they took my work schedule and assigned days and times for each of them to take me to work and bring me back home. What a blessing!!

Now, I'm one of those people who gets to work right on time (or even a few minutes late on occasion). Not last week!! You know how old men are...if you're not 20 minutes early, you're late. Haha! So, I was nice and early every day. Too bad it didn't stick. This week, I've already gone back to my old habits.

No comments: