Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Amelia Bedelia

I was scheduled to work in the toy department at work tonight. That's not my favorite. I much prefer working in electronics. Anyway, I spent most of the time straightening merchandise (zoning) and putting up strays and returns. While I was zoning the Little Golden books and other little children's books, I saw a couple Amelia Bedelia books, and that made me think of my mom.

For several years, Mom was an elementary school librarian, and a very good one, too! One of her favorite things was reading to the young children when they came in with their classes. On special occasions, she would sometimes dress up as Amelia Bedelia and read a story in character. I loved to see her in that costume! She made such a cute Amelia Bedelia.

When I saw those books today, I got a little lump in my throat; but my mind was flooded with sweet memories of Mom, and it was all good.

No comments: