Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another story from Wal-Mart

A couple nights ago at Wal-Mart, I had my 90-day evaluation. I didn't realize I had been there that long already. To my delight, it said that I met or exceeded all expectations. There were only a couple areas of improvement suggested. One was that I need to be more verbal with customers and managers. WOW! How cool is that! A job where they tell me to talk more!!! Anyone who knows me at all knows that I love to talk.

Speaking of talking to customers, I had a very interesting conversation this past weekend with one of my customers. It reminded me of a country song I've heard. (It's scary how many times that happens here in East Tennessee!) I don't know the song or who sings it, but I've heard a song that tells about a girl beating up a guy's truck because he cheated on her. The song makes me smile, but the story I heard Saturday night made me laugh out loud! This guy in my line started telling me about THREE girls who ganged up and did all kinds of damage to his truck. They punctured his tires, busted out his lights, and tried to rip up the seats. According to him, he wasn't "dating" any of the three but was only "seeing" them. (What's the difference?) He told me, even though I didn't ask, that they didn't beat him up, just his truck. He really was a piece of work! I just couldn't keep my composure with this guy and ended up laughing out loud.

Well, after he paid for his things and left, the guy behind him told me the real story. Apparently, the two guys were coworkers at the time of the incident, and he knew all about it. He said the guy was actually "dating" all three of the girls at the same time, and two of the girls worked together. Not only did the girls trash the pickup, they also beat the guy up pretty badly as well. (I guess he didn't want to admit to being beat up by girls. hahaha) Now, he has a job as a truck driver, and we were surmising what kind of trouble he could get himself into with that kind of job. He also said he was surprised the guy hadn't tried asking me out, but I assumed it was probably because I was laughing too hard for him to get it in there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story.That's a good way to meet guys I'm assuming.

Suzanne Mumpower said...

Uhhh...no... Not only are the guys I typically meet at Wal-Mart less than desirable, I am definitely not in the market for meeting new guys! I'm quite content with Scott.