Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Wal-Mart Story

After this one, I'll have to come up with something else to write about. You, my readers, will get tired of hearing about goings on at Wal-Mart. The thing is, there are so many funny and interesting things happening there all the time.

A couple weeks ago, I was working the door. (No, nobody robbed us that time, that I know of, any way.) An older gentleman (older than my dad, but perhaps not old enough to be my grandpa) leaned over my podium, right in my face, and said, "You've got freckles! My mom had freckles, too."

Well, I was taken aback, as you can imagine. I just smiled and agreed that yes, I do have freckles. He replied with, "You know, freckles are not bad. They're nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about."

I answered, "I know. I like my freckles."

His response was, "Good! My mom liked her freckles, too!"

By this time, I was hoping he would just leave. So, I said as politely as I could, "Have a good night, sir!"

His reply made me smile. He said, "I sure will, now that I've seen YOU!"

1 comment:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

Don't stop writing about your slices of life. Doesn't matter where they happen, they are what make up our days. They are the purpose of our blogs, and are enjoyable to read. Thanks for writing them.