Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2008

Movie Review

Last weekend, Scott and I went to see the movie "Fireproof". What a powerful movie! I think it is one that every married couple in America should see. It was made by the same people who gave us "Facing the Giants" a couple years ago.

In the movie, Kirk Cameron plays a fire fighter who learns that his motto "never leave your partner behind" applies to his marriage as well as his job. He takes a 40-day challenge to win back his wife's heart. In the end, he found out that he could not do it on his own. Without the love of Christ in his heart and life, it would have been impossible.

Photobucket

Click here to watch the movie trailer.

Monday, I bought the book The Love Dare, which is featured in the movie and decided to take the same 40-day challenge. Let me tell you, it's much harder than it seems it would be, and I'm only on day 4!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would like to know how everything works out after you've read the book. That's sort of what my wife and I are doing right now. And, you're right: Without the love of God, it cannot be done.