Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Excitement at Wal-Mart

Sunday night when I went to work at Wal-Mart, I was put at the door for the first hour to give the greeter her dinner break. I have never really liked working the door, and now I don't want to EVER work the door again.

After I had been there for about 20 minutes, a young man walked past me pushing a cart with a small child in the seat and a diaper bag in the bottom of the cart and nothing else in it. Behind him was a man pushing a cart with two children sitting in the open part of the cart. Well, as the young man was leaving, he set off the security alarm and started running. The man behind him was in my way, so by the time I got to the door, the boy was all the way at the end of the parking lot. He had run through the whole parking lot, dodging vehicles, with that baby in the cart. I was sick to my stomach and shaking all over. Then, I realized that although the man behind him had gone a totally different direction when he went out the door, he circled around and met up with him in the parking lot. The two men and three children all left in the same vehicle. Then, I was angry!

I called the security guy (Brian) to come up there and told him all about what happened. He said he thought he knew who the guys were but would check out the security videos to be sure. He told me later that he had seen the whole thing on the videos and was correct about the men. He caught them stealing something just a few days earlier, and they had dared to come back and try again! He said he WILL catch them next time. I hope so!

No comments: