Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

I know I haven't been keeping up with this very well lately, but I've been busy. Have you ever noticed that when you're super-busy that's when you have stories to tell. Unfortunately, that's also when you don't have the time to tell the stories. Then, when things slow down some and you have time, either you forget the stories or they are no longer relevant. Gotta hate it when that happens!

As most of you know, I'm working two jobs now, which makes for a lot of potential material to write about on here. (If only I had time to get on here like I want to.) My first job is at Kintronic Laboratories, a family-owned business that creates custom-designed radio tower equipment, mostly for AM radio stations. We have customers all over the country and around the world. I started working here in late 2005 and like it pretty well, most days. I work as an accountant, 4 hours each morning, M-F. I'd like to be full-time, but I guess they just don't need that at this point.

So, I had to go out and get a second part-time job. In the evenings and on weekends, I work as a cashier at Wal-Mart. Surprisingly, I usually enjoy that job more than my first job. The atmosphere is more relaxed, and it turns out I'm a very good cashier. One thing I like about working at Wal-Mart is all the funny things I see people do. For example:

Sometimes, I am at the self-checkout monitor, and that's where I see the funniest stuff. When some people step up to those registers, they should get a message that says something like: "Please step away from the register. You are too stupid to use self-checkout." That would actually apply to most people, even many Wal-Mart associates. One day, an associate was trying to check out before leaving at the end of her shift, and there were at least three other associates there helping her, including an assistant manager. It made me laugh and wonder ... so, how many Wal-Mart associates does it take to successfully use a self-checkout register?

1 comment:

Hutch said...

LOL I like that and can see that on some mangment and they are running the place LoL