Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tip for the Ladies

Disclaimer: This post is for my lady readers. That is not to say that men cannot or should not read it. There is nothing nasty or shocking; it is just geared toward the ladies rather than the men. That being said...

Ladies, how many of you tend to break out in a rash when you shave your legs or under your arms? My legs break out almost every time I shave them. In fact, many years ago, the rash on my legs was so bad I had to go to the doctor about it. Back then, I tended to shave with just soap and water, and the doctor told me to never, ever do that again. He told me to always use shave gel. Although I have followed his instructions, my legs will still often break out in a rash.

Well, last week I read a tip in a magazine and decided to try it this weekend. The article said to shave with petroleum jelly (Vaseline). So, I bought some and tried it.

Although the petroleum jelly did clog up my razor some, it was not as bad as I had expected it to be. After shaving, I had to use body wash to rinse all the greasy feeling away, but it left my legs feeling softer and smoother than I thought possible.

After my first trial, I say it was a great tip that I wanted to pass on. I will definitely try this again.

2 comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

I read years ago that petroleum jelly made the best makeup foundation. It was in a British magazine left on a plane we were on. So I tried it and it worked! Cleansed with Dial, then applied a tiny bit of whipped Vaseline. Has kept my aging face soft. As for shaving, I'm going to give it a try, too.

Cathy Metcalf said...

I use body lotion. It doesn't clog the razor as badly as vaseline, and it leaves me smelling nice. Works great too.