Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

What a bittersweet day this is for me. I love my dad, even though he doesn't love me any more. When I was young, I truly believed he was perfect. Not only did I think he did no wrong, I thought he was incapable of doing wrong. As I grew older, I came to realize that he did, in fact, have flaws; but I still loved him and always will.

My dad has a charismatic personality that compels everyone to like him. He has a great sense of humor, with the ability to make even the most stoic person laugh. He is very intelligent and an incredible math teacher.

Above all, my dad loved my mom. She was the queen of our home and revered by us all, as we followed Dad's example. For that alone, I'll always love him.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suz,
What a wonderful post. I know how hard this is for you but perhaps one of these days... things will be different. But until then... keep being the wonderful, sweet, beautiful, caring friend and sister that you are! I love you lots!
Patti