Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Interesting Day at Walmart

Today at Walmart was ... hmmm, how can I describe it ... interesting. There were three particularly interesting incidents.

Incident #1
I was at the door, giving a lunch break, when an older lady came in with a return. While I was putting a sticker on her return, she reached out and started touching my hair and saying how nice and thick it is. She kind of freaked me out.

Incident #2
A customer had a couple games, a couple pairs of socks, and a gallon of paint. After I had scanned them and told her the total, she started screaming at me: "WHAT DID YOU PUT IN THERE? I DO NOT OWE YOU $63.85! ALL I WANT ARE THE TWO GAMES AND THE TWO PAIRS OF SOCKS. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" After looking over the list of items scanned, I picked up the can of paint and asked if she still wanted that. She rudely said, "Oh, yes, I want that!" Then, she paid and left without so much of an "I'm sorry for yelling at you" or an "I apologize for accusing you of adding things I didn't want." Hmmph!! I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying something that could have gotten me in trouble.

Incident #3
A couple with two toddlers and a baby came through my line, with the baby in his car seat, set in the seat of the cart. While the mother was unloading and reloading the cart, the father was occupying the kids, particularly the baby. When the mom needed a debit card from the dad, he walked around the cart to give it to her, and the baby fell out of the car seat, face-first onto the floor. It happened right in front me and was very shocking. The mother was understandably hysterical. The baby was stunned and didn't even cry. For a few minutes, he was pale and looked like he was going to pass out. Thankfully, his color came back, and he started smiling at us all. He was such a cutie, with some of the bluest eyes I've ever seen. I'm sure glad he was okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, in looking at your picture to the right in your FACEBOOK badge, I think your email shouldn't be
slmum power. It should be slim power!