Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

This was a bittersweet weekend for me. While it serves to remind me how blessed I am to be Sam's mom, it also makes me miss my mom more than usual.

Saturday evening, Sam told me that since he didn't have any money to buy me a present for Mother's Day, he would do the dishes for me. Of course, to me that was a better gift than anything money could buy. Then, he went on ever so sweetly, "Since you're my mom and like to spend time with me, you can help." What a stinker! It made me laugh while appreciating his logic.

At church Sunday morning, someone gave Sam some money so he could take me out for dinner. He was so excited as he asked me where I wanted to go eat. We had just enough money for us both to get unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks at the Olive Garden. We had a great time! We both ate too much, though, and were miserable the rest of the afternoon.

In the morning service, the children's choir blessed us all with a few songs. The kids sing so sweetly and innocently. I just love it when they sing for us.

In both services, the youth choir provided special music. In the morning service, Sam had a solo part in one song. He has a great voice, and I'm proud of him for using his talent for God. I love my boy so much!

2 comments:

Erin said...

That is so sweet Suzanne! Sounds like you have raised a fine young man!!!!

Suzanne Mumpower said...

Thank you, Erin. To be honest, I'm astonished at how well he has turned out. It's all God's doing, not mine!