Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Interesting Weekend

My weekend started out as a typical, boring weekend. I worked in the toy department all day Saturday. I was still finding pieces of broken skylights on the shelves, and I found a few more water-damaged toys to send to claims. Other than that, it was a day full of boring routine.

Sam spent his day at Blountville Middle School where our church youth group had a fundraiser. I'm not sure what was going on there, but they had a booth where they were selling cotton candy and passing out tracts. From the sounds of it, he had a good day. I'm glad. He usually has to spend his Saturdays cooped up at home.

We went to Sunday School yesterday morning, but then Sam was so sick that I had to bring him home before the morning service. Same thing happened in the evening. Sam went to youth discipleship in the afternoon but was too sick to stay for the evening service. (I sure hate missing church!) He took some medicine last night and seemed to be feeling better this morning. So far, I haven't received a call to pick him up early from school, so I guess he's still feeling better.

Last night, I got to visit with a high school friend for a while. That was a lot of fun. I've seen him at Walmart a few times since I've been working there, but this is the first time I've gotten to spend any time with him since we were in high school together, 25 years ago. (Wow! that just made me feel really old!)

When I got home, around 2am, and checked out facebook, I was informed that Osama Bin Laden has been killed by Navy SEALs. Now, THAT's an exciting way to end a weekend!

No comments: