Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornadoes and Hail

Last night was a devastating night in much of the south, including the Tri-Cities. According to a news report, there were 15 killed in the Tri-Cities. They said we had tornadoes and hail here. I did not see or hear a tornado, but I did see the hail! My driveway was covered with hail the size of golf balls, and some even as big as baseballs. The only damage we sustained was to my poor car. The grill right below the front windshield was busted in several places, the roof has dents all over it, and both doors are dented.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't know if you can see the dents on the roof. The lighting isn't good as it is very overcast this morning.

We lost power several times, but for only a minute or so each time. Some of my friends are still without power this morning. Taking Sam to school, I saw much devastation in Bristol. Everywhere was covered with leaves, and there were tree limbs and whole trees down in several places. There were a few traffic lights out. The strangest thing I saw was a trampoline wrapped around a light pole. That was something else!

I didn't work yesterday, but I heard from co-workers that the skylights at Walmart were broken by the storm, which let the hail and rain in the store. I went by there this morning after I dropped Sam off at school to see how bad it was, but the store was closed. That let me know that it must be pretty bad!! I'm scheduled to work 5-9:30 tonight. I wonder if the store will be open by then. I'm so not looking forward to going in tonight!

I hope that all of my friends and family who live in areas affected by these horrible storms are all safe and sound.

No comments: