Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Yesterday ended up being an awful day. It started out pretty good. I got a lot done around the house while Sam was at school.

I had to be at work at 5pm, and I had to stop at Scott's house on the way to get clean work clothes which I had washed there. When I pulled into his road, an impatient driver behind me turned onto that road as well. Apparently, I didn't get off the road quickly enough to suit him, and he literally ran me off the road, causing me to hit a car parked in front of Scott's house. The car I hit belongs to one of Scott's friends. It's a registered antique, a 280Z, that Scott is doing some work on. Now it needs more work. Thankfully, all it needs is a front bumper. The bumper got caught in the side of my car and scraped all down the side, starting around the middle of the passenger door and extending to the back wheel. Looks like my car will need a new door, rear panel, and rim. Of course, the person who ran me off the road was in too big a hurry to stop. It was all such confusion at the time of the wreck, that I'm not quite certain if he hit me or not. My back bumper is scratched up, but it's not dented.

Here's a picture of the damage to the rear panel:

Photobucket

As soon as I got my car unattached from the Z, I got out to survey the damage. At that time, I didn't think I had sustained any personal injury, so I went on to work. Once I got to work and started walking around, I realized that I had hurt my left knee. By the time I got off work at 9:30, it was swollen and hurting pretty badly. When I got home, I put ice on it and slept with it propped up on a big pillow. The swelling was down this morning, but the pain is worse. I'm thinking I might have to have it checked out.

As if that wasn't enough for one day, when I got to work, I found out that I didn't get the position I interviewed for last week. I was qualified, but apparently someone else had more experience. I really needed that job!

Today, I'm going to rest as much as possible, and keep my knee propped up. Hopefully today will be a better day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. Hope today is a much better day. Love you! Lisa