Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bird's Nest

I have noticed a bird flying out from our eaves whenever we go on the front porch, and I saw some twigs up there. Yesterday, Sam took a chair out there so he could reach it because he wanted to find out if there were any eggs in the nest. Well, the nest turned out to be more elaborate than I had imagined, and there were four bright blue eggs in it. I took a picture and told Sam to put the nest back where he got it. He said that that the bird wouldn't come back to it since a human had messed with it, so the eggs will just die anyway. That made me very sad, but I am happy to announce that the bird DID come back to the nest last night. Pretty soon, I'm sure we will hear the cheeping of little baby birds on our front porch.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Beth Amatelli said...

Oh how precious!!!

Erin said...

I am always amazed at how detailed and intricate nests are.