Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Gas Experience

I had quite the experience at the gas station this morning. I filled up at Kroger, since I do my grocery shopping there and earn fuel points. I had a debit card to pay with, but I chose to pay at the window since the debit card company will put a hold of $75 on any gas purchases at the pump. After I pumped my gas and went to the window to pay, the attendant informed me that the debit/credit card system was down, and I'd have to pay with cash. I didn't have any cash. I told him that if there had been a sign on the pump, I would have gone somewhere else where I could use my card. He said that since I selected to pay at the window, he assumed I was paying with cash. At one point, he informed me that I needed to either pay him, or he was going to call the cops. I let him know very adamantly that it was NOT my fault, and that he needed to either run my card or let me have my gas for free. (I knew THAT wasn't going to happen!) He called a couple different managers and finally told me I could go to the bank across the street and get cash out of the ATM and come back and pay. He made sure he wrote down my tag number first, just in case I didn't come back. I told him the ATM would charge me $3, and that wasn't fair. So, the manager told him he could knock the $3 off my total to reimburse me. So, that's what I did. What a hassle!! I still think they should have let me have my gas for free since it was such an ordeal.

No comments: