Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

To My Friend Bill Stacy

Last summer, Bill Stacy started coming to my church. You couldn't miss him; he was a giant man! As I came to know him, I realized that the biggest part of him was his heart. I've never known a kinder or more generous man.

When I was in the hospital last fall, he brought Sam to see me. That was the beginning of a dear friendship. Bill and Sam bonded on the car ride to and from the hospital. Bill, a very talkative man, gained Sam's respect by taking the time to listen to him. He also respected Sam for his maturity and good manners. Often at church, he would tell me he thought a lot of Sam and was praying for him, and that meant the world to me!

In January, my refrigerator went out right after I had filled it with our monthly groceries. Everything in it was ruined and had to be thrown out. Bill and his wife Darlene were the only ones who helped us replace the food we lost, even though they were going through financial difficulties at the time. That's just the kind of people they are.

Lately, Bill was having trouble breathing, and he ended up being admitted in the hospital with bronchitis. While in the hospital, he became infected with staph. It turned out to be MRSA, which is resistant to antibiotics.

Yesterday, Sam and I went to the hospital to see Bill, but he didn't even kn we were there. At 2:44pm today, I receved a text from my pastor letting me know that Bill had just passed away. Although I cried a few tears, I know Bill is better off, and I WILL see him again some day.

Please keep Bill's dear wife Darlene in your prayers. My heart aches for her as goes through this time of loss.

No comments: