Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

God Answers Prayers!

Sam has always enjoyed going to church and learning about the Bible. Even when he was very young, his Sunday School teacher would come and tell me how he would get so involved in the lesson that he practically taught it himself. Last year, Sam got up in front of the church and said that God had called him to preach, and he was very active in the youth group. Then, for the past several months, he has suddenly not been interested in church, especially youth group. At first, I thought it was just because he was still fatigued from his bout with mono, from which he still hasn't fully recovered. I came to realize, though, that there was an obstacle keeping him from church. I told Sam to pray about it, and I also prayed that God would either remove the obstacle or reconcile Sam's heart to the situation. Tonight, God removed the obstacle, and Sam is happier than I've seen him in a long time. He has missed the youth group and even become depressed over the situation, and now he has a renewed vigor and a great big smile on his face. As concerned as I was about him, being his mom, I know God was even more concerned, and He took care of the problem without our having to do anything other than pray. Thank You, God, for loving my son even more than I do!

No comments: