Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Favorite Memories



Some of my favorite memories are:

1) All-day shopping sprees with Mom, even though I've never been much of a shopper. Just getting to spend the day with her made it special.

2) The many times Daddy and I "fished" in Rocky Creek without ever catching anything. Again, just getting to spend time with him made it special.

3) My 18th birthday present - going to San Antonio to see the Celtics play the Spurs. The only disappointment was that Larry Bird was out with an injury and wasn't even there.

4) Tagging along (with my Aunt Kitty) on Mom and Dad's 2nd honeymoon. It was an EPIC trip!

5) Camping in a tent in Colorado for a week with Sam in 2002. He was sick and running a fever all week, but he still says it was our best vacation ever.

6) Angel, the best dog that ever lived. RIP

7) My Grandma's 80th birthday party.

8) Spending all my allowance and then looking at my brother with just the right amount of "puppy dog eyes" so that he would share his with me. (He was the BEST big brother, just sayin.)

9) Staying in a tent at Anastasia State Park, near St. Augustine, FL. We had a blast, even though it rained the whole time we were there.

10) Being the only one in the family who could get the campfire started ... when I was only 10 years old.

11) Getting to see the beautiful Cola de Caballo (Horse Tail) Waterfalls near Monterrey, Mexico.

12) Riding the Alpine Slide in New Hampshire.

13) The trip Kiki and I took to New York City.

14) The trip Sam and I took to New York City.

15) November 18, 1995.

16) My trip to Wasilla, Alaska, in the summer of 1996.

17) Patti and Nic's visit to see us in Texas Christmas 2002.

18) My college graduation present from Mom and Dad -- a two-week road trip with a friend. I got to visit friends in several states, including PA, CT, NH, KY. It was awesome!

19) My 1991 Pontiac Firebird.

20) Watching a chicken cross the road.



So many, many more, some of which I can't seem to put into words.

No comments: