Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day

I hope your Labor Day was as fun as mine! We went to the South Holston Dam and had a cookout. A couple of Sam's friends went with us, and the boys swam and fished pretty much the whole 5 hours we were there. Sam was exhausted when we got home, and he had a hard time getting up this morning. I've decided that we won't go there again when he has school the next day!

I wish I had some pictures of yesterday! I usually take pictures with the camera in my cell phone. Unfortunately, the battery was too low yesterday for me to utilize the camera feature.

My friend Mary Katherine, her husband Jimmy, and their 4 sons joined us for a great time! The two older boys went with us, and the rest of the family came along after Jimmy got off work. I fired up the grill as soon as we got there, and by the time they showed up, the meat was all grilled; and we were ready to sit down and eat. Since I accidentally left the hamburgers and hotdogs at home, we had to stop and buy some more on the way to the dam. I told Scott that between our leftovers and the meat I left at home, we'll be eating hamburgers and hotdogs for 2 months! haha They sure were good yesterday, though!!!

While the older boys were swimming and fishing, we kept the two little ones (3- and 5-years-old) busy with playing catch. That was really a lot of fun but more activity than I am used to. It served as a reminder that I need to get more active so that I can get in better shape. I could use more days like yesterday!

1 comment:

Randi said...

I don't know why it always surprises me that I have more fun when I'm active. You'd think I'd get up and moving more often at those types of things!
Glad you had a fun weekend!