Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thanks be unto God!

I have been working half-days at Kintronic Laboratories for nearly 2 years now. Although I like my job and most of my co-workers, I have recently felt the need for a full-time job. Because I do like it here, I hated to look for a job elsewhere and had looked at first for another part-time job; but when that didn't pan out, I applied for every full-time office job I heard of. A couple times, I have been convinced that I was going to get a new job, but the offer didn't come through. Those experiences left me feeling down and made me wonder if I would ever work full-time again.

When I first started working here, I was informed that there was not enough work to warrant hiring me full-time, so I hadn't bothered to ask if I could increase my hours. Yesterday, on the verge of feeling desperate, I went to my boss and asked if it would be possible for me to start working full-time. I was shocked at her response. She was so happy!! She said she hadn't asked me because she knew that I always pick my son up from school in the afternoon and assumed I wouldn't want to work full days. I told her that I was in a position where I needed to work more, whether I wanted to or not, and that I was checking into after-school care for Sam.

So, God answered my prayer in the best, albeit the least likely way possible. I went home very happy yesterday, and I'm still very happy about it today. Thank you, Lord, for Your answered prayer!!!

1 comment:

Randi said...

God always takes care of us, doesn't He? I always marvel at the fact that He does. Even if it isn't in MY timeframe. I'm SO glad it worked out for you. Keep praying! :-)