Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2007

OOPS!!!

I had an "Oops!" moment this weekend. Have you ever had one of those? Mine was rather embarrassing and not at all funny at the time it happened. I can laugh about it now, though.

I drive a Mustang with a standard transmission. That's because according to Scott, any kind of sports car with an automatic transmission is "sissy," and we (translate "he") would NOT want to ever be considered to be sissy.

Saturday afternoon, I became very upset about an incident at home and decided the best thing for all involved would be for me to leave the house for a while and cool off. So, off I drove in my Mustang to my mother-in-law's house. When I got there, I was still so upset I was shaking.

Well, we settled ourselves in the living room and were talking and having a good ole time, when Louise suddenly exclaimed, "What are all those cops doing out there?" When I looked out the window, I counted four police cars, one of which was parked exactly where my car HAD BEEN. I looked around and found my car out in the middle of the road, setting at an angle. OOPS!!! In my distraut state of mind, I had forgotten to put the car in gear or set the emergency brake. Now, it was surrounded by police trying to figure out whose it was and what was going on.

I rushed outside, hurried shamefacedly past the cops, and parked my car once again -- this time making sure it was in gear AND the emergency brake was set. I mumbled an embarrassed "I'm sorry" to the nearest cop and went back inside, begging Louise not to tell Scott about it. I also said a very fervent "Thank you" to the Lord for keeping it from hitting anything. WHEW!!!

No comments: